- 2015-2019 General License Study Guide!
- Complete FCC Element 3 Amateur Radio License Preparation
- Logically organized, building-block approach in small, easy-to-digest sections
- Balanced depth with simplicity for real understanding of ham radio concepts
- Simple, well written explanations, not just repackaged public domain questions to memorize!
- Highlighted text lets you zero-in on exam question specifics and language
- Fully illustrated plus additional online multimedia support, section-by-section
- Complete online question pool practice organized by section topics for consistency and effectiveness
- Fully coordinated quizzing and practice exam smart device apps available, for studying on-the-go
- The easiest way to learn ham radio, prepare for your exam, and really get it!
Is this book right for you?
If you want to upgrade to the ham radio General License, this general license study guide is definitely for you, regardless of your background. Anyone who has successfully earned the FCC Technician Class license can now take the next step to General Class license exam success with help from this book and web site. You’ll get more advanced understanding of radio concepts along with the competence to get on the air quickly. Easy-to-grasp explanations, nearly 200 illustrations, and web multimedia will help you intuitively grasp ham radio General License concepts. You may even find it fun to read!
How is this book different?
Unlike some other ham radio general license study guide books, this one does not pad its pages with public domain exam pool questions and require you to memorize answers without understanding them! Rather, the pages are filled with relevant content that focuses upon highlighted exam question topics and language, and we provide the free questions on our web site as interactive quizzes or printable groups, organized with book sections. When you really get it you don’t have to rely on mind-numbing memorization! Yet other books are technical and dry, and seem to require an engineering Ph.D. to really get it. The goal of this book is to promote good, intuitive understanding of radio without “going professorial” on you. Simple explanations with a building-block approach will lead you to enjoyable learning, successful examination, and quickly getting on the General Class HF bands!
Get started on your ham radio General License today with HamRadioSchool.com!
About The Author
Stu Turner, WØSTU, holds an FCC Extra license, the top amateur license. As a professional educator he served as a US Air Force Academy engineering professor for eight years where he honed his skills of making difficult topics fun and easy to understand.